Special-edition, Congolese-inspired TOMS Shoes
We're teaming up with Giving Partner Eastern Congo Initiative (ECI), an advocacy and grant-making organization founded by Ben Affleck, on two Congolese-inspired designs with an additional give. Read More >>
TOMS x charity: water - An Eyewer collaboration
TOMS and charity: water, an organization founded in 2006 (like TOMS!) that’s dedicated to to helping bring clean and safe drinking water to people in developing nations, join forces for the first-ever TOMS Eyewear collab! Read More >>
Giving TOMS Shoes in the DRC
Founded by Ben Affleck in 2010, ECI is an advocacy and grant-making organization that works with and for the people of DRC, the third most populous country in Africa, and one that struggled under a cycle of violence for nearly 20 years – particularly in the east. Read More >>
Quotes: not just for your third grade book report. We have pulled together a comprehensive list of wise words from those we work with, those who lead us and those who love us (that’s you TOMS fans!). We hear some pretty epic stuff from all over TOMS community and we hope you are half as inspired as we are. And so we present our Top Ten Quotes from 2012.
1. “No matter how convenient it is for us to reach out to people remotely, sometimes the most important task is to show up in person.”-Blake Mycoskie
2. “Every morning when I put on my TOMS shoes, I wear them knowing I helped better a life. It gives me hope for the future.” -TOMS fan Sophia
3. “We’ve given millions of shoes to children around the world, but the best part about the experience is actually going on the trips, meeting the kids, being in the communities, and I wanted to give that experience back to the customers who have been supporting us the past few years.” -Blake Mycoskie
4. “We grew up watching the waves, eating mac & cheese on the curb; now there’s an organization that surfers and skaters can link up with to promote that lifestyle that can still keep kids involved with a hobby and out of trouble.” -Kurt Narmore of Hand Me Ups (Kurt is friends with Drew on our retail team. Learn more about Kurt and Hand Me Ups here)
5. “I am thankful to have the opportunity to work with students who are making a difference in their commuities” -Matt Pinzon, TOMS Campus Programs High School Coordinator
6. “It’s always a very special moment when your spouse returns from a long deployment, and it’s common to see wives in high heels greeting their husbands at the flight line. When I thought about my husband’s return, however, I knew I’d be wearing my TOMS. In some ways, I feel that TOMS connects me to my husband during the times when we’re far apart.
During deployments, my husband gets the opportunity to travel and give back to the communities around where he serves. He has built hospitals, medical clinics and schools in Japan, Cuba, Pakistan, Jamaica, Afghanistan, and recently worked in Cambodia building water wells.
I love hearing him share his stories of how he’s helped, and I feel that through wearing TOMS, I can be a part of similar global humanitarian efforts.
That’s why our family includes TOMS in meaningful moments.”-TOMS Fan Mandi
7. “Art, in general, helps kids to be aware of what things are around them. They can express and learn in a healthy way.”-Giuli, Peru’s Mission Coordinator with TOMS Giving Partner Buckner International
8. “It’s true what they say; At TOMS, we truly are more than just interns in the average sense of the role. We get to be a vital part of the brand and are given real work that exposes us to many different aspects of the company. ” -Intern Abby
9. “I can’t imagine not having my ability to see. Every aspect of my life would be different. I wouldn’t be able to create artwork or appreciate the beauty of cities like Antigua.” -Maricor Manalo
10.”Thats the whole thing, different way of seeing, different way of thinking” -John Van Hamersveld on WSD (More John Van Hamersveld here)