Special-edition, Congolese-inspired TOMS Shoes
We're teaming up with Giving Partner Eastern Congo Initiative (ECI), an advocacy and grant-making organization founded by Ben Affleck, on two Congolese-inspired designs with an additional give. Read More >>
TOMS x charity: water - An Eyewer collaboration
TOMS and charity: water, an organization founded in 2006 (like TOMS!) that’s dedicated to to helping bring clean and safe drinking water to people in developing nations, join forces for the first-ever TOMS Eyewear collab! Read More >>
Giving TOMS Shoes in the DRC
Founded by Ben Affleck in 2010, ECI is an advocacy and grant-making organization that works with and for the people of DRC, the third most populous country in Africa, and one that struggled under a cycle of violence for nearly 20 years – particularly in the east. Read More >>
We do some PRETTY fun things!
10. Despite downpours and a rainy afternoon, we played host to more than 100 people at The Hotel San Jose in Austin, TX to celebrate World Sight Day.
There, we showcased Artist Magda Sayeg’s work, featuring a refreshing collection of colorful, eye-catching art inspired by “vision.” Madga created 3 pieces for TOMS; a knitted string eye chart, a knitted pair of eyewear (modeled after TOMS shades), and a TOMS flag (with a string art eyeball on the front!).
As the DJs played obscure tunes from the ’50s and ’60s, guests shopped for TOMS Eyewear and hung with the TOMS family that was down in Texas for the World Sight Day or the Austin City Limits music festival that kicked off the same weekend.
9. More than 600 of our retailers got involved in One Day Without Shoes this year! Some hosted barefoot walks; a few put on concerts, shows or other creative events; others created a pledge wall that allowed friends and guests to declare they’d go barefoot that day so kids don’t have to. With the help of LOTS of good people, we’re proud of the awareness we all created on April 10th!
8. This past winter, Blake Mycoskie, TOMS founder and chief shoe giver, spent a fun-filled afternoon at Nordstrom in Austin. In addition to the opportunity to meet & greet with Blake, fans that stopped in customized TOMS Shoes & TOMS Eyewear cases in a Style Your TOMS activity; played TOMS x Movember games with us; danced (to a live DJ); and learned through interaction with the TOMS story showcased in museum cases.
7. Because it still felt like summer in LA, we had a pool party this Fall at the Roosevelt Hotel in Hollywood! We spent a sun-soaked day poolside at the historic venue that’s just a stone’s throw away from HQ. We welcomed pool goers to try out TOMS Eyewear + enjoy delicious popsicles. The DJ had us movin’and groovin’ and it was a jolly good time.
6. We rang in summer when the TOMS Artist Collective came together to support Cystic Fibrosis at a Pipeline to a Cure event. Twenty-five talented SoCal artists created “found object” pieces ranging from old twin-fins to thrift store art prints that they painted over, to a chair made out of skate decks. Artists also hosted a Style Your TOMS, customizing TOMS Shoes & TOMS Eyewear cases. All of the items sold, and we helped raise more than $6,000 to fuel the fight against Cystic Fibrosis.
5. TOMS returned for a third year at one of our favorite festivals in the Southeast! At Bele Chere, a festival in downtown Asheville, NC, we are partnered with our amazing retailer, Tops for Shoes to host a super-cool booth full of fresh summer products. We met all sorts of cool people and spread the word about Summer of Sight, our initiative that helped save and restore sight to 100,000 people.
4. This is a three-for-one shot as we had a gaggle of gatherings to celebrate facial hair growth. At Blake in Portland we drank, got shaved, and documented it in the rad photo booth. At Federal in Washington DC we had scrumptious catered food and beverages, a mustache match game and a shave station to boot. All of this was captured by our Instagram photo booth(yes, that is as cool as it sounds).
Rounding the events out we got our five strikes on over at Undefeated in LA. Games, libations and shave stations are all we are going to tell you about because what happens at Undefeated stays at Undefeated (except what we caught on film at the photo booth).
3. We jumped up to Canada and across the pond to the UK for the TOMS Art of Giving tour, which showcased the work of local artists & how they interpret the meaning of our core message: GIVE.
In addition to an incredibly imaginative atmosphere we offered TOMS fans + friends the opportunity to bid on the one-of-a-kind TOMS creations. (How cool are those glasses?)
In the UK, we offered free drawing, painting and photography classes throughout our time in each city.
2. TOMS partnered with Hand Me Ups, an organization that finds a good home for overstock items from Action Sports brands, to celebrate the 25th anniversary of legendary surf film “North Shore.” At TOMS retailer Spyder Surf in Hermosa Beach, we started the night with vinyl spun by DJ Rusty Buckets, with drinks courtesy of Sambazon and PBR, and a live musical performance by Costa Mesa surf rockers Indian Burn. After the music, guests watched “North Shore” in a vintage outdoor theatre. Thanks to all the barneys, kooks, haole’s and rippers that came out, because you KNOW that was a far out time!
1. This Fall, our long-time TOMS artist & buddy Tyler Ramsey jetsetted on a three-country tour in Asia, where he visited the fans in Seoul, Manila, and Tokyo.
Local retail friends hosted events in his honor, and he had an awesome time meeting local people, sampled the cuisine, and yes made live personalized Tyler Ramsey one-of-a-kind TOMS Shoes. Success!