Special-edition, Congolese-inspired TOMS Shoes
We're teaming up with Giving Partner Eastern Congo Initiative (ECI), an advocacy and grant-making organization founded by Ben Affleck, on two Congolese-inspired designs with an additional give. Read More >>
TOMS x charity: water - An Eyewer collaboration
TOMS and charity: water, an organization founded in 2006 (like TOMS!) that’s dedicated to to helping bring clean and safe drinking water to people in developing nations, join forces for the first-ever TOMS Eyewear collab! Read More >>
Giving TOMS Shoes in the DRC
Founded by Ben Affleck in 2010, ECI is an advocacy and grant-making organization that works with and for the people of DRC, the third most populous country in Africa, and one that struggled under a cycle of violence for nearly 20 years – particularly in the east. Read More >>
10. In 2012, 300,000 folks became a part of the TOMS Facebook community for the first time. We’re excited to see where TOMS fans & followers – new and old, nearby and across the world – take the One for One movement in the year ahead.
9. We’re introducing a few new styles of TOMS Shoes that are totally different than those you’ve seen (or owned) before! We think they’ll knock your socks off…though we still think TOMS + socks can look awesome sometimes.
8. One Day Without Shoes, the day of awareness during which we go barefoot so kids don’t have to, on…drumroll, please…Tuesday, April 16, 2013! Stay tuned for details (coming soon)!
7. In 2011, TOMS Campus Classics were born, in just a few colors, but offering a selection of shoes that would enable TOMS college sports fans to wear TOMS + their team’s colors. In 2012, an expanded collection that officially represents 35 schools, became available. And next year, we’re added to that, and bringing even more TOMS fans the opportunity to WEAR YOUR PRIDE.
6. Joining the TOMS Eyewear collection in 2012 were nine new frames, tons of new color ways and the introduction of polarized Ienses. In 2013, we’ll bring you even more of all that, and then some. Sneak peek above!
5. In the year ahead, we’re stoked to send members of the TOMS family who celebrate their first, third and sixth TOMSiversaries on Giving Trips to assist our Partners in distributing TOMS Shoes, and to see how their work affects children in need.
4. Here at TOMS, we’re pretty keen on the idea that collaboration is key to any successful, innovative approach; and we’ve had an incredible time building on that throughout TOMS history. Throughout the past six years (and change), TOMS has collaborated with organizations, institutes and other businesses we think have a good thing going, and we won’t stop there. In 2013, you can expect to see TOMS collab with Shabby Chic (on shoes), with charity: water (on eyewear), and lots more!
3. As Venice, CA locals may already be aware, we’re opening a TOMS U.S. Flagship store on Abbot Kinney, just a few minutes from where Blake laid down TOMS roots (from his apartment) in 2006. We can’t begin to explain how excited to be opening the doors to what we hope to be not only a TOMS retail store, but a community hub for art, culture, and all things wrapped into this One for One movement…plus! There’s a café inside!
2. On the Giving side, 2013 has big things in store, including (but certainly not limited to) growing existing Giving partnerships and fostering new ones in the 50 countries where we give shoes and 13 where we give sight.
1. In the early months of 2013 (and that’s all we’ll say for now!), we’re bringing back TOMS Ticket to Give with added force and opportunity, and we can’t wait to tell you more about it. Here’s what we can say: it’s going to be community-driven, going to involve your friends, and going to be awesome. Stay tuned!
Happy January 1st, TOMS fans! Thanks for helping us get here, and let’s continue to build this movement together in the year (and hopefully many years!) ahead…